Monday, January 13, 2014

Yes I'm dyslexic, I look at myself as being special, different, unique, with goals, gifts and dreams.


Post By: Raemelle Ianthe Childs 


Yes I'm dyslexic, and use to be ashamed. Now I look at myself as being special, different, unique, with goals, gifts and dreams. My biggest goal is to support and help other adult's who's also dyslexic and with other learning differences.



       One late night while feeling down, alone and depressed, seeming like my goals, dreams and gifts were all going down the drain. I had wasted so much of my life. My learning differences and dyslexia was taking a toll on my life.

           This roller coaster of a ride had me feeling trapped like I was drowning within. I wanted to just break down and cry as hard as I could, but I knew that wasn't going to help any. I even tried telling my two grown children about my learning issue, and that I wanted to start a couple of businesses, but didn't have the right resources, the right help, etc. I guess they were kind of burnt out for always being there for me while they were growing up.I didn't want to continue bugging them with my burdens. I knew someone had to listen and hear me out, so I wouldn't lose my mind.

           My facebook friends weren't really what you would call true friends. They were just computer friends, that's all. 

           But, that night, that night, that particular night I started to do a little research on adults with learning disabilities and dyslexia. At first I thought it was ADHD or ADD, then I figured it may be dyslexia and LD. I believe it may just be more than just one, but I'm making an appointment this week to be diagnosed.

           I should have been had myself together at this age and time. I have so many goals and accomplishments to make. I'm an entrepreneur, a business woman, an artist, a poet, a great seamstress/clothes embellish-er, etc. I want and have the desire to try an accomplish a lot of my goals still because it's wearing at me, wanting to soar.
              

           Can you imagine what it may feels like to know that you're not like the so called norm, and that you have greatness inside of you, but you not knowing what to do to bring it out? Can you see the pain so many of us are feeling? You may look at us and see us as being okay, but we're not okay, we're hiding embarrassment, fear, shame, loneliness, guilt, etc.
         

            My intentions are to start an non profit business supporting, and helping myself as well as other adults who may be experiencing some of the same symptoms as I am. First of all I plan to help with educating people across the globe about LD, dyslexia, etc, teaching that dyslexia is real, and should be taken serious. we have a few issues yes, but at the same time we have another side of us, things like being very talented, unique, gifted, etc. We just need that break in order to get on to the right track and doing some of the things that we know and can do. So many dyslexic people have just given up, thinking that there's no hope. I want to bring back the little hope they may still have hidden inside of them. I know plenty of times I wanted to give up because I was so warn out, but now I do believe that there's hope. We have so many celebrities that's dyslexic, so if they can do it, so can we. 

           "I'm so ready to start this mission, and for those of you who's with me, let's do it.......!!!!!!!"



Contact Raemelle Ianthe Childs on:  raemelle_c@yahoo.com  

Real life story By: Raemelle Ianthe Childs
               
Join the Facebook Group Click Here

No comments:

Post a Comment