Saturday, January 18, 2014

My 9 year old son struggles with ADHD, ODD, and Dyslexia.








  Post By: Melissa Guimond



'Sometimes I ask myself, "Do I have enough courage to move forward". It's not the dyslexia I am afraid. It's the ignorance of others" Please Help...




My 9 year old son struggles with ADHD, ODD, and dyslexia. It's been very exhausting for my son and I both. Problem is we live in florida and the schools in our county don't recognize dyslexia. They don't want to take the extra time with him that he so desperately needs.   
Its very upsetting. His teacher this year is not very supportive of him. He is failing again. I'm having a hard time finding resources to help. The teacher just keeps saying he has to do better or he will fail but she doesn't want to put forth the extra time to help him. 
 
He has a hard time reading and spelling, making friends, and his self esteem is extremely low. 'I cry inside for him everyday, Its not easy when people say oh he's just lazy or bored or he needs to study and read more. He tries so hard and just gets knocked down from ignorance.

There are people who don't understand, "and then there are some who don't want to understand, They spend there life inside a cocoon and they think people who don't fit into their small space are weird. "But I'll tell you what, those people are the weird one not us. They think and do things inside of their cocoon regardless of how much pain and torment it can inflict on others, They are like indistinguishable faces, like robots. Like ignorance.


Post By: Melissa Guimond

Contact Melissa Guimond on:  Mel_guimond@aol.com


No comments:

Post a Comment